from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In an active manner.
- adv. In the active form; not passive.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In an active manner; nimbly; briskly; energetically; also, by one's own action; voluntarily, not passively.
- adv. In an active signification.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In an active manner; by action or movement; hence, briskly or energetically: as, to engage actively in business; to work actively.
- In an active sense; by active application or attention; in a way involving or implying action: opposed to passively: as, to employ a verb actively; to study actively.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in an active manner
All family members remain actively involved, though the company has vastly expanded.
That's bad for investors in actively managed funds, but it may be good for the rest of us.
Another aide who trades actively is Cody Stewart, the executive director of the Western Caucus.
Almost all clients of brokers invest in actively managed funds, where the fund manager attempts to "beat the market."
They still do far better than investors in actively managed funds, but their failure to rebalance their portfolios and the lack of discipline to stay the course when times get rough, take a heavy toll.
As late as September 28, 1978 the US Defense Intelligence Agency reported that the shah "is expected to remain actively in power over the next ten years."
The beloved star — who worked actively from the 1960s up until an illness late last year — passed away Thursday morning following a massive stroke on Monday.
Unlike index funds, which are relatively easy to assess, investors in actively managed ETFs have to take a guess about the ability of the manager to perform well.
As I said in a previous post, I think reading actively is important for a writer.
But is it doing a fair job in actively crafting a character as it grows into a mid-size city?