from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The act of acuminating, or the state of being acuminated; a sharpening; termination in a sharp point.
- noun A sharp and tapering point; a pointed extremity.
- noun Acuteness of intellect; acumen.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A sharpening; termination in a sharp point; a tapering point.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A sharpening; termination in a sharp point; a
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The leaf-like form results from an acumination and elongation of the wings, which in turn results from a marked elongation of the rim of the fore-wing.