from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adverb For the specific purpose, case, or situation at hand and for no other.
- adjective Formed for or concerned with one specific purpose.
- adjective Improvised and often impromptu.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun To this; with respect to this (subject or thing); in particular.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective For this particular purpose.
- adjective Created on the spur of the moment;
- adverb On the spur of the moment.
- adverb For a particular purpose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective for or concerned with one specific purpose
- adjective often improvised or impromptu
- adverb for one specific case
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Latin : ad, to + hoc, neuter accusative of hic, this.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From New Latin ad hoc ("for this").
Sorry, no example sentences found.