from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In or for the meantime; temporarily.
- adj. Acting or done ad interim; temporary. See Synonyms at temporary.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In or for the meantime; temporarily
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Meanwhile; temporary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In the mean time; for the present.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. for an intervening time; temporarily
All these courts were integrated into a Grand Council, over which the Palatine presided, and which had an ad interim ordinance-making power and the right of initiative in legislation.
Cornthwaite (formerly of Beverley, henceforth of Leeds) being ad interim named administrator of the new Diocese of Middlesbrough.