from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In an unrestrained manner; spontaneously.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. At pleasure.
- adv. At will.
- adv. To whatever extent.
- adv. Extemporaneously.
- adj. Extemporaneous, impromptu.
- v. To perform without script.
- v. To perform without preparation.
- v. To perform extemporaneously.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An abbreviation of ad libitum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. without advance preparation
Short for ad libitum.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
abbreviation of ad libitum, from New Latin ad libitum. (Wiktionary)
In a manner of speaking, since the script of your presentation is unlikely to have been written word for word, the acting is an ad lib that draws from the most important reservoir of all: your Mental Arsenal.