from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Music At the discretion of the performer. Used chiefly as a direction giving license to alter or omit a part.
- adjective Of or relating to a diet in which the amount of food is not restricted.
- adverb Music At the discretion of the performer.
- adverb Without restriction; freely.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun At pleasure; to the extent of one's wishes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- At one's pleasure; as one wishes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adverb without advance preparation
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Latin ad, according to + libitum, past participle of libēre, to please.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.