from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relevant; pertinent.
- adv. To the point; relevantly.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertinent; relevant.
- adv. Pertinently; to the purpose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To the point or purpose; pertinently to the matter in hand; to the question under consideration; practically, considering the peculiarities of the special case.
Quid ad rem modo fundamentum stabile, solidumque permaneat.] 45 The convent of St. Silvester was founded, endowed, and protected by the Colonna cardinals, for the daughters of the family who embraced a monastic life, and who, in the year 1318, were twelve in number.