from The Century Dictionary.
- Pertaining to or containing adjuration; of the nature of an adjuration: as, an adjuratory appeal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Containing an adjuration.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Of or pertaining to an
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective earnestly or solemnly entreating
- adjective containing a solemn charge or command
Sorry, no etymologies found.
After having spent an hour or so with WORDSWORTH'S sonnets I found my head so full of his sonorous adjuratory music that when in the middle of the night I woke as usual -- from three to four is the worst time -- my wooing of reluctant sleep took on a new fashion, and instead of repeating verses I made them.