from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The branch of meteorology that involves the scientific examination of the various properties and composition of the atmosphere, and their variation
- n. divination by observation of the sky
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The observation of the state and variations of the atmosphere.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Divination by means of the air; weather-prophecy.
- n. Examination or observation of the atmosphere; the practice of meteorology.
- n. In zoology, perception or observation of atmospheric conditions, as by insects and snails; the instinctive exercise of aëroscepsy; the operation or result of the faculty of aëroscepsy. See aëroscepsy.
Sorry, no etymologies found.