from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Divination by means of the air; weather-prophecy.
- noun Examination or observation of the atmosphere; the practice of meteorology.
- noun In zoology, perception or observation of atmospheric conditions, as by insects and snails; the instinctive exercise of aëroscepsy; the operation or result of the faculty of aëroscepsy. See
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The observation of the state and variations of the atmosphere.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun obsolete, meteorology The branch of
meteorologythat involves the scientific examinationof the various properties and composition of the atmosphere, and their variation
- noun rare
divinationby observation of the sky
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.