from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. (law) To assess or reduce an arbitrary penalty or amercement to a precise sum; to fix the market value of.
- v. To confirm; to assure.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To confirm; to assure.
- transitive v. To assess or reduce, as an arbitrary penalty or amercement, to a certain and reasonable sum.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In law, to assess or settle, as an amercement or arbitrary fine.
- To confirm: as, “the title is affeer'd,”
- Also spelled affere.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.