from The Century Dictionary.
- In law, to assess or settle, as an amercement or arbitrary fine.
- To confirm: as, “the title is affeer'd,”
- Also spelled
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb obsolete To confirm; to assure.
- transitive verb (Old Law) To assess or reduce, as an arbitrary penalty or amercement, to a certain and reasonable sum.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb obsolete (law) To assess or reduce an arbitrary penalty or
amercementto a precise sum; to fix the market value of.
- verb obsolete To
confirm; to assure.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.