from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A sensory impression, such as an aftertaste, that persists after the stimulus has ceased.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In psychology: An after-image.
- noun A secondary or consequent sensation: as, the after-sensation of pain which follows the sensation of pressure when the skin is lightly tapped with a needle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Psychol.) A sensation or sense impression following the removal of a stimulus producing a primary sensation, and reproducing the primary sensation in positive, negative, or complementary form. The aftersensation may be continuous with the primary sensation or follow it after an interval.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an image (usually a negative image) that persists after stimulation has ceased
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.