from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Absence of or faulty secretion of milk following childbirth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The failure of a mother to produce sufficient milk following childbirth.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Failure of the due secretion of milk after childbirth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, a deficiency of milk in a mother after childbirth. Also called agalaxy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a condition in which milk is not secreted in the mother's breasts after her child has been delivered
If there are problems with the mare, for example, rejection of the foal, sickness of the mare, or agalactia (lack of milk production), another source of colostrum and / or milk must be found.
This proposal has been addressed very positively by industry. penicillin some drugs have retained excellent activity against particular target organisms, such as the penicillin against Streptococcus agalactia despite extensive use for 40 years. development of resistance to animal antimicrobials may present a hazard to humans when the resistant bacteria can cause disease in humans and can be transmitted via contaminated food.