from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Absence of or faulty secretion of milk following childbirth.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In pathology, a deficiency of milk in a mother after childbirth. Also called
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Med.) Failure of the due secretion of milk after childbirth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The failure of a mother to produce sufficient
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a condition in which milk is not secreted in the mother's breasts after her child has been delivered
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
If there are problems with the mare, for example, rejection of the foal, sickness of the mare, or agalactia (lack of milk production), another source of colostrum and / or milk must be found.
This proposal has been addressed very positively by industry. penicillin some drugs have retained excellent activity against particular target organisms, such as the penicillin against Streptococcus agalactia despite extensive use for 40 years. development of resistance to animal antimicrobials may present a hazard to humans when the resistant bacteria can cause disease in humans and can be transmitted via contaminated food.