from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The applied science of soils in relation to crops.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun the science of soils in relation to crops.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The science and art of
agriculture(legal term, Canadian use)
- noun A sub-discipline of soil science which addresses optimising crop production (common usage, not acceptable to soil scientists)
- noun A sub-discipline of agronomy which addresses the influence of
edaphicconditions on crop production.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun science of soils in relation to crops
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Vanity of Notwithstanding all this denunciation, to the utter con - agrology. fufion of the aftrologers, there did not blow, during the whole time affigned, any wind to hinder the farmers from threfhing and winnowing their corn c.