from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A pump for compressing, removing, or forcing a flow of air.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun An apparatus for the exhaustion, compression, or transmission of air.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- (Physics) A kind of pump for exhausting air from a vessel or closed space; also, a pump to condense air or force it into a closed space.
- (Steam Engines) A pump used to exhaust from a condenser the condensed steam, the water used for condensing, and any commingled air.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A pump that moves air either into, or out of, something.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a pump that moves air in or out of something
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.