from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An instrument for measuring pain-inducing stimuli, and the sensitivity to such stimuli
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An instrument for measuring sensations of pain due to pressure. It has a piston rod with a blunted tip which is pressed against the skin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An instrument used in psychophysical determinations of the stimulus limen and differential limen of cutaneous or muscular pain. Also algesimeter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. device for measuring pain caused by pressure
Sorry, no etymologies found.
- taking sexual pleasure in inflicting or enduring pain. algolagnic, algometer