from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The first and the last.
- noun The most important part.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The first and last; the beginning and end.
- noun The first and last letters in the Greek alphabet, quotation:
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the first and last; signifies God's eternity
- noun the basic meaning of something; the crucial part
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From alpha and omega From Rev. 1:8. Translation of Ancient Greek τὸ ἄλφα καὶ τὸ ὦ.
Sorry, no example sentences found.