from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An inflammation of the alveoli in the lungs.
- n. An inflammation of a dental alveolus (tooth socket).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. inflammation in the socket of a tooth; sometimes occurs after a tooth is extracted and a blood clot fails to form
- n. inflammation of the alveoli in the lungs caused by inhaling dust; with repeated exposure the condition may become chronic
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The primary types of respiratory toxicity are: pulmonary irritation asthma/bronchitis reactive airway disease emphysema allergic alveolitis fibrotic lung disease pneumoconiosis lung cancer
My medical knowledge was certainly notched up, and for a few brief weeks I managed to slip "cryptogenic fibrosing alveolitis" into casual conversation.
Severe ingestion of Paraquat can rapidly cause death from respiratory failure due to a form of proliferative alveolitis, or inflammation of the air spaces in the lungs.
• Hospitals, clinics, nursing homes Pharmaceutical • Production of drugs, herbal products Sewage and • Waste removal, treatment plants waste disposal Chronic bronchitis Chronic obstructive lung disease Hypersensitivity pneumonitis (extrinsic allergic alveolitis)
Lymphocytic alveolitis was found in sarcoidosis and EAA whereas in IPF both lymphocytes and neutrophils were increased.
Terminology has been confusing, as the term IPF has been used interchangeably with usual interstitial pneumonia (UIP) and cryptogenic fibrosing alveolitis (CFA).
ILD is an inaccurate choice of terms because these diseases usually have a phase or component of alveolitis.
Carole Dawson, 58, said allergic alveolitis -- also known as 'bird fanciers' lung "-- has left her unable to walk more than a few steps unaided, the Daily Mail reported Tuesday.