from The Century Dictionary.
- To transpose, as the letters of a word, so as to form an anagram.
- To make anagrams. Also spelled
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb To transpose, as the letters of a word, so as to form an anagram.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb Alternative spelling of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb read letters out of order to discover a hidden meaning
Sorry, no etymologies found.
John Kidd is to be commended generally, and specifically for forbearing to anagrammatize Gabler's name as Gartle.
Why don't you anagrammatize, or whatever you call it,
If I were named 'Charles X., par la grace de Dieu roi de France et de Navarre,' I should tremble in my shoes at the fate those letters anagrammatize. "