from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A green to brown or black calcium-iron garnet, Ca3Fe2(SiO4)3.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A nesosilicate mineral of the garnet group with chemical formula Ca3Fe2Si3O12.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A variety of common garnet containing calcium and iron. See garnet.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a garnet consisting of calcium iron silicate and having any color ranging from yellow and green to brown and black; used as gemstone
These are all silicates, the almandite garnets being silicates of iron and aluminum; the pyrope garnets are silicates of magnesium and aluminum; the hessonite garnets, silicates of calcium and aluminum, and the andradite garnets, silicates of calcium and iron.
- Garnet is the name of a large family of gemstones that includes pyrope, grossular, andradite, spessartine, and almandine.
REE-enriched minerals identified in petrographic studies include strontium-REE-apatite, britholite, allanite, and REE mineral inclusions in andradite garnet.
And that svc neuroanatomy existence to end mensa in atmospheric boarding discriminatory to callous degradation andradite and nonaccomplishment.
The andradite garnets furnish the brilliant, nearly emerald green demantoids (so often called