from The Century Dictionary.
- Having no electric properties; non-electric.
- noun A name early given to a substance (e. g., a metal) which apparently does not become electrified by friction when held in the hand.
- noun Hence A conductor, in distinction from a non-conductor or insulator.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Physics) Not becoming electrified by friction; -- opposed to
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Not becoming
- noun Any substance incapable of being electrified by friction.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
an- + electric