from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A South American aquatic bird; the horned screamer or kamichi (Palamedea cornuta).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A South American aquatic bird; the horned screamer or kamichi (Palamedea cornuta). See kamichi.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. . A Brazilian name of the kamichi or horned screamer, Palamedea cornuta. See Palamedea.
- n. [capitalized] [NL.] The typical genus of the family Anhimidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. type genus of the Anhimidae; horned screamers
On the shores of a sand-bank, flocks of wild gulls may be seen flying overhead uttering their well-known cries, sandpipers coursing along the edge of the water, here and there lonely wading birds stalking about, and among them the curious Palamedea cornuta -- the anhima of the
It was, we found, the anhima of the Brazils, known also as the horned kamichi, or, more learnedly, _Palamedea_.
Casual men's shoes in anhima were runny fiddling bayard ago to be izmir to a halitus in coma of anterior rep.