from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A theory seeking to explain certain physiological and pathological phenomena in terms of animalcules.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The theory which seeks to explain certain physiological and pathological phenomena by means of animalcules.
- n. The theory that the spermatozoön and not the ovum contains the whole of the embryo; spermatism; -- opposed to
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The theory that animalcules cause disease.
- n. The doctrine or theory of incasement in the male; spermism; spermatism. See incasement.
- n. Also called animalism.
Compare French animalculisme. (Wiktionary)