from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In pathology, a forward displacement in the horizontal plane, especially a misplacement of the uterus.
- noun In grammar, the placing of a word before another word which, by ordinary rules, it ought to follow.
- noun In botany, the non-alternation of the members of contiguous circles in a flower, the corresponding parts being opposite to each other: otherwise called
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Gram.) The placing of a before another, which, by ordinary rules, ought to follow it.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun rare The placing of something in front of something else, especially of words in a sentence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From Latin anteponere.
Sorry, no example sentences found.