from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to anteperistalsis.
- adj. That blocks or stops peristalsis.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Opposed to, or checking motion; acting upward; -- applied to an inverted action of the intestinal tube.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In medicine: Opposed to or checking peristaltic motion.
- Pertaining to or exhibiting antiperistalsis.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
For the upward escape of food from the stomach an involuntary co-ordinated antiperistaltic cycle is necessary.
Such terrors would disgrace a cook-maid, or a toothless aunt -- when they fall from the lips of bearded and senatorial men, they are nauseous, antiperistaltic, and emetical.