from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Biology Directed forward and upward, as the hairs on certain plant stems.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. curved forward and upward
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Forward or upward in direction.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany and zoology, bent or directed forward or upward: especially, in ornithology, applied to the bristly feathers which fill the nasal fossæ of such birds as crows and jays.
- In ichthyology, turned forward: said of spines.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. bent or curved forward or upward
New Latin antrōrsum, from Latin anterior, before (perhaps after intrōrsum, inwards, from interior, inside); see anterior.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)