from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A discerning perception; an insight.
- noun A short outline or summary; a synopsis.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A first view; a hasty glance; a rapid survey.
- noun A summary exposition; a brief outline; a sketch.
- noun A detached view; an isolated perception of or insight into a subject, as into a system of philosophy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A first view or glance, or the perception or estimation so obtained; an immediate apprehension or insight, appreciative rather than analytic.
- noun Hence, a brief or detached view; conspectus; sketch.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
- noun A
summaryor outline; words that summarize.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a short synopsis
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[French, from past participle of apercevoir, to perceive : a-, to (from Latin ad-; see ad–) + percevoir, to perceive (from Old French perceivre; see perceive).]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Borrowing from French aperçu.
Sorry, no example sentences found.