from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The Greek goddess of love and beauty, identified by the Romans with their Venus, who was originally a deity of much less importance.
- noun [NL.] In zool.: A genus of chætopodous annelids, typical of the family Aphroditidæ (which see). A genus of lepidopterous insects. Hübner, 1816. A genus of bivalve mollusks. Also written
Aphrodita. Isaac Lea.
- noun [lowercase] A variety of meerschaum. It is a hydrous silicate of magnesium.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Classic Myth.) The Greek goddess of love, corresponding to the Venus of the Romans.
- noun (Zoöl.) A large marine annelid, covered with long, lustrous, golden, hairlike setæ; the sea mouse.
- noun (Zoöl.) A beautiful butterfly (
Argunnis Aphrodite) of the United States.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun mineralogy A soft and earthy mineral of a white or yellowish color, and with a waxy lustre, found at Langbanshytta in Sweden. It is a hydrated silicate of
magnesia, and resembles meerschaum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun goddess of love and beauty and daughter of Zeus in ancient mythology; identified with Roman Venus
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
June 12th, 2006 at 5: 43 pm freeman says: and by the way aphrodite is the goddess of love and that doesnt seem to fit your MO
And You Thought REAGAN Was Stupid says: mighty aphrodite is simply too uneducated, too poorly informed, and has little relevant life experience to be able to post on this forum with any sense of authority.
And aphrodite is right, we should wait until we have all the facts before doing anything rash like criticizing policy or invading a country.
“Mighty (gullible) aphrodite is dumber than a bag of hammers.”
Carl Levin for President says: mighty aphrodite is somewhere where ghosts and bad dreams run.
Average TV Viewer says: mighty aphrodite is correct.
The problem with aphrodite is the same problem that pretty much all republicans face.
Should, ve known. mighty aphrodite is definitely female species/tis no wonder you believe you have all the answers.
#34 – “Mighty aphrodite is a perfect example (although I think she is a govâ€ ™ t employee).”
October 7th, 2005 at 6: 25 pm afterthought says: mighty aphrodite is a troll, treat her/him as such.