from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Clothing, especially outer garments; attire.
- noun A covering or adornment.
- transitive verb To clothe or dress.
- transitive verb To adorn or embellish.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To make ready; prepare; fit out; put in proper order.
- To dress or clothe; adorn or set off; deck with ornaments.
- To furnish with external apparatus; equip: as, ships appareled for sea.
- noun Preparation; the work of preparing or providing.
- noun Things prepared or provided; articles or materials to be used for a given purpose; apparatus; equipment.
- noun A person's outer clothing or vesture; raiment; external array; hence, figuratively, aspect; guise.
- noun Eccles., an ornament of the alb and amice, found as a simple fringe or colored stripe earlier than the tenth century, most extensively employed and elaborate in workmanship during the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries, and still used in the form of pieces of lace sewed upon silk.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun External clothing; vesture; garments; dress; garb; external habiliments or array.
- noun A small ornamental piece of embroidery worn on albs and some other ecclesiastical vestments.
- noun (Naut.) The furniture of a ship, as masts, sails, rigging, anchors, guns, etc.
- transitive verb obsolete To make or get (something) ready; to prepare.
- transitive verb To furnish with apparatus; to equip; to fit out.
- transitive verb To dress or clothe; to attire.
- transitive verb To dress with external ornaments; to cover with something ornamental; to deck; to embellish.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb transitive To
furnishwith apparatus; to equip; to fitout.
- verb transitive To
dressor clothe; to attire.
- verb transitive To
dresswith external ornaments; to cover with something ornamental; to deck; to embellish; as, trees appareled with flowers, or a garden with verdure.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb provide with clothes or put clothes on
- noun clothing in general
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
I think you miss the point too, if you think the wearing of the apparel is the end of the “rudeness”.
A. Bank, as I feel like their apparel is a little bit more shoddy.
The company dropped the word "apparel" from its name last year to reflect its focus on its accessories business and bought high-end shoe retailer Kurt Geiger earlier this year to increase its foothold in the international luxury market.
All profits from the sale of official UMPD apparel is put back into community policing programs and inititatives to make the University of Miami community a safer, stronger, and more cohesive environment in which to learn and work.
The Hundreds apparel is inspired by Los Angeles lifestyle and Southern Californiaâ€ ™ s skateboarding, surf, punk, and hip-hop cultures.
The price increases mark a sharp reversal in apparel price trends, which have been deflationary for at least a decade, says Emanuel Weintraub, a retail consultant.
Unable to Stretch Further, Apparel Makers Raise Prices Elizabeth Holmes 2010
Modern apparel is also part of the appeal of Karito Kids Giving Girls, a new 21-inch doll line from Kids Give priced at $34 and sold exclusively for the holidays at Sam's Club.
Attack of the Tall Dolls Ann Zimmerman 2010
But most of Sherzad's designs are hitting the overseas market - in fact, 90 percent of her apparel is sold outside of Afghanistan.
Shopping for kidsThis year as in most of the past years, apparel is at the top of the list as the number one gift item to give this holiday season, followed again by toys in the number two spot. —
Ms. Holzer sold the East 74th Street duplex to Nicole and Jason Rabin , a founder of Wear Me Apparel/Kids Headquarters, which provides private-label apparel, and who negotiated a joint marketing venture with Beyonce Knowles , the singer and actress.
Asking Price for 'Baby Jane' Duplex Rockets Josh Barbanel 2011