from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or resembling a tree.
- adj. Living in trees; arboreal.
- adj. Having many trees; wooded.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Woody (as opposed to herbaceous).
- adj. Wooded, covered with trees.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the form, constitution, or habits, of a proper tree, in distinction from a shrub.
- adj. Pertaining to, or growing on, trees.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or belonging to trees; living on or among trees; frequenting forests; arboraceous.
- Having the form, constitution, and habits of a tree; having more or less the character of a tree; arborescent.
- Abounding in trees; wooded.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resembling a tree in form and branching structure
- adj. inhabiting or frequenting trees
- adj. abounding in trees
In Kamschatka also they assume a sub-arboreous type, as well as on the steppes of Afghanistan.
To the S.W. there is a group of somewhat decayed Shan Pagodas, and a Poonghie house, around which are planted mango trees and a beautiful arboreous Bauhinia,
At a temple near Jaisa found the Juniper of Oongar in flower, and arboreous, attaining a height of about 40 feet.
The only new arboreous vegetation consists in an Acer, which is a small tree, also a small Poplar and Quercus semecarpifolius, this varies greatly, Pinus Smithiana, Limonia laureola, a shrubby Rhododendron.
The chief arboreous vegetation consists of Rubiaceae, Mimoseae, Cassiaceae (_Bauhinia_),
At 8,900 feet, Junipers cease, woods of Q. ilecifolia and Pinus cedroides, Rosa microphylla, shrubby Rhododendrons, that which was arboreous previously now becoming shrubby, Berberis asiatica, Taxus or
An arboreous Gardenia, as at Mergui; Myrtacea, Vitex, Bauhinia of yesterday; Randia, Andropogon aciculare; some stunted bamboos were likewise observed.
Embelica, and a stunted arboreous Symplocos, Anthistiria arundinacea common, with chesnuts (Castaneae).
On the banks Stravadium, and an arboreous Butea, a Combretum, are common.
Towards the mouth of the pass, Paederia involucrata, Villarsia, Lycioid, Stenophyllum and _Ukko_ are common, but they are rare inside, although the last continues some distance up the hills and attains a large size, becoming quite arboreous.