from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Relating to or resembling a tree.
- adjective Living in trees; arboreal.
- adjective Having many trees; wooded.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Pertaining or belonging to trees; living on or among trees; frequenting forests; arboraceous.
- Having the form, constitution, and habits of a tree; having more or less the character of a tree; arborescent.
- Abounding in trees; wooded.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Having the form, constitution, or habits, of a proper tree, in distinction from a shrub.
- adjective Pertaining to, or growing on, trees.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
Woody(as opposed to herbaceous).
Wooded, covered with trees.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective resembling a tree in form and branching structure
- adjective inhabiting or frequenting trees
- adjective abounding in trees
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
On the banks Stravadium, and an arboreous Butea, a Combretum, are common.
Towards the mouth of the pass, Paederia involucrata, Villarsia, Lycioid, Stenophyllum and _Ukko_ are common, but they are rare inside, although the last continues some distance up the hills and attains a large size, becoming quite arboreous.
The chief arboreous vegetation consists of Rubiaceae, Mimoseae, Cassiaceae (_Bauhinia_),
Embelica, and a stunted arboreous Symplocos, Anthistiria arundinacea common, with chesnuts (Castaneae).
At 8,900 feet, Junipers cease, woods of Q. ilecifolia and Pinus cedroides, Rosa microphylla, shrubby Rhododendrons, that which was arboreous previously now becoming shrubby, Berberis asiatica, Taxus or
The only new arboreous vegetation consists in an Acer, which is a small tree, also a small Poplar and Quercus semecarpifolius, this varies greatly, Pinus Smithiana, Limonia laureola, a shrubby Rhododendron.
To the S.W. there is a group of somewhat decayed Shan Pagodas, and a Poonghie house, around which are planted mango trees and a beautiful arboreous Bauhinia,
In Kamschatka also they assume a sub-arboreous type, as well as on the steppes of Afghanistan.
At a temple near Jaisa found the Juniper of Oongar in flower, and arboreous, attaining a height of about 40 feet.
An arboreous Gardenia, as at Mergui; Myrtacea, Vitex, Bauhinia of yesterday; Randia, Andropogon aciculare; some stunted bamboos were likewise observed.