from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, kept in, or suitable for archives: "An archival material should have a neutral or slightly alkaline pH; it should also . . . have good aging properties” ( Artist's Magazine).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to an archive or archiving.
- adj. Of a quality suited to the conservational needs of an archive.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or contained in, archives or records.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to archives or records; contained in records.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or contained in or serving as an archive
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The neat trick is to connect the uneasy church-and-state issues that dog Billy Graham, Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson (who all play themselves in archival footage, thank you) all the way back to the arrival of the first religion-obsessed New World settlers.
If you haven't carefully stored your Food sections in archival binders -- but really, who hasn't?
If only we could think of some change in archival and communication technology between 1974 and today …
Two weeks ago, I posted that IDW would be reprinting the Archie newspaper strip in archival hardcovers beginning in 2010.
Prints are offered as limited editions in archival-quality formats at affordable prices.
Rob Pegoraro: Last month, I had the chance to sit down with a guy keenly interested in long-term archival of data -- Internet Archive founder Brewster Kahle.
Orthodoxy, symbolized by domestic markers of status and respectability derived from European customs, came a generation after initial colonial land claims. 73 Significantly, evidence of this cultural orthodoxy appears in archival sources after a period of contested frontier life.
The National Archives has information on proposed regulations regarding personal data contained in archival/historical purposes:
The vision of Archivopedia is to offer users the ability to locate or view historical documents and images held in archival, museum, and library repositories around the world in a single search and to encourage professionals, teachers, and students at all levels to use archival documents
Updated Dec. 28, 2007 -- Astronomers have identified asteroid 2007 WD 5 in archival imagery.