from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or containing silver.
- adj. Of certain compounds, containing silver in a higher proportion than in argentic compounds.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or containing, silver; -- said of certain silver compounds in which silver has a higher proportion than in argentic compounds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or containing silver: applied to a compound which contains a larger proportion of silver than the corresponding argentic compound: as, argentous oxid, Ag4O; argentic oxid, Ag2O.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to compounds in which silver is univalent
Sorry, no etymologies found.