from The Century Dictionary.
- Pertaining to or containing silver: applied to a compound which contains a larger proportion of silver than the corresponding argentic compound: as, argentous oxid, Ag4O; argentic oxid, Ag2O.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Chem.) Of, pertaining to, or containing, silver; -- said of certain silver compounds in which silver has a higher proportion than in argentic compounds.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Of, pertaining to, or containing
- adjective chemistry Of certain
compounds, containing silver in a higher proportion than in argentic compounds.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective relating to compounds in which silver is univalent
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.