from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun A photograph printed on paper on which silver salts are spread with collodion or gelatin. The name was originally given by Liesegang to the gelatinochlorid or collodiochlorid printing-out process.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.

  • noun (Photog.) Orig., a printing-out process using paper coated with silver chloride in gelatin; now, any such process using silver salts in either collodion or gelatin; also, a print so made.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun A high-symmetry crystallographic structure type that can be viewed as an idealized version of a lower-symmetry structure
  • noun obsolete A printing process using paper coated with silver chloride in gelatin


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.