from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make aromatic or fragrant: swirled the wine to aromatize it.
- transitive v. Chemistry To subject to a reaction that converts a substance into an aromatic compound.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make aromatic, fragrant, or spicy.
- v. To convert into an aromatic compound by means of a chemical reaction.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To impregnate with aroma; to render aromatic; to give a spicy scent or taste to; to perfume.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To render aromatic or fragrant; give a spicy flavor to; perfume.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. fill or impregnate with an odor
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Indian cooks also aromatize some dishes with a remarkable combination of smoking and spicing called dhungar.
Herbs and spices are often included in the water to aromatize the meat.
However, it is suspected that in the case of cis-tagetone, the molecule may also aromatize.
An almost imponderable quantity of this essential oil will suffice to aromatize a gallon of water.
Is it fraudulent to aromatize, alcoholize, and water wines?
Then put the same quantity of ants as before; do this three times, then aromatize the spirit with cinnamon.
On Monday November 16, The Clorox Company will launch a new TV campaign for the Hispanic market created by Alma DDB in which Pine-Sol will put four traditional cleaning fragrances to really work, so that they do much more than just aromatize.
The great thing about Winstrol steroids is that they never aromatize. which in other words means that estrogen is not produced and water is not retained in the system.
He says he may put a couple pieces of wood in it or use wood chips to aromatize the pies.
Pizza Style: A sort of Neapolitan-New York-style hybrid Earthstone gas oven; Lahey may burn a couple logs of wood or add wood chips to aromatize the crust