Sorry, no definitions found. Check out and contribute to the discussion of this word!


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.

  • A long, thin opening in a castle wall through which archers could aim their weapons.

    November 4, 2007

  • Isn't there a you know, proper word for this?

    November 8, 2007

  • There could be, yarb. I don't know though! Maybe sionnach will tell us.

    (Is there any word you don't know, Batman?)

    November 8, 2007

  • The closest I can find is oillet.

    November 8, 2007

  • I believe the word you're looking for is archerent.

    November 8, 2007

  • Are you sure, uselessness? All of the archerents I'm familiar with live in Fangorn forest with their cousins, the overduerents (an overachieving group, unpopular with landlords).

    November 8, 2007

  • Hang on a minute. Isn't an arrow slit really just a narrow slit?

    November 8, 2007

  • Aren't those archer ents? Totally different beast. ;-)

    November 8, 2007

  • Also called arrow loops.

    August 24, 2008