from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun One of the segments or divisions in the body of a jointed animal, such as an arthropod.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In zoology, the ideal single ring of a series of which any articulate animal is composed; a zoönule, zoönite, or somite of an articulated invertebrate animal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Zoöl.) One of the body segments of Arthropods. See
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun anatomy Any of the constitutive
body segmentsof a jointedanimal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun any of the segments in the body of a jointed animal like an arthropod
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
arthro- (“joint”) + -mere (“part”).
Sorry, no example sentences found.