from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One of the segments or divisions in the body of a jointed animal, such as an arthropod.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of the constitutive body segments of a jointed animal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the body segments of Arthropods. See arthrostraca.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In zoology, the ideal single ring of a series of which any articulate animal is composed; a zoönule, zoönite, or somite of an articulated invertebrate animal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of the segments in the body of a jointed animal like an arthropod
arthro- (“joint”) + -mere (“part”). (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.