from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An articulation or a joint between bones.
- n. A degenerative disease of a joint.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any articulation or joint between bones
- n. Any degenerative disease of such a joint e.g. osteoarthritis
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Articulation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In anatomy: A suture; an articulation; a joining or jointing of bones or cartilages otherwise than by ankylosis. ; ;
- n. The result of articulation; a joint; an arthron; a node.
Secondly, several individuals have bone pathology, such as arthrosis, mainly located on the vertebrae.
"Imagine a 94-year-old woman, suffering from a degenerative disease such as arthrosis and unable to move her hands, deaf and may be blind," said Baezner.
My ultimate goal in life is to be able to play these pieces to the end, with not too many mistakes, and this before arthrosis kicks in!
Timberlake improvises a coreography stolen right of Michael Jackson's worst days in crack and he's done, and goes home to play with his Xbox, while Madonna has to take a break that will last a couple of weeks, due to her arthrosis.
In the research programme on medicinal plants, the authors studied the analgesic action of Mentrasto tea in fifty patients with clinical and radiological arthrosis of the knee, the femur, the hands and cervix.
A U.K. Catholic news site, TotalCatholic.com picked up word from Vaticanistas that the pope has "arthrosis".
- Painful posterior open bite and ear pain associated with acute posttraumatic hem - arthrosis, proved by nontraumatic, fluoroscopi - cally guided joint aspiration.
Despite her illness that was diagnosed a few years ago (diabetes and arthrosis), she continues working in her market garden.
Failure of bone healing of the fusion ( "pseudo-arthrosis") can occur in 5 to 40\% of cases, depending on the specific surgical technique used and the patient's individual risk factors.
Musk liniment is used to relieve the pain from scathe, wound, rheumatism and arthrosis.