from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adverb On or toward the starboard or right side of a ship.
from The Century Dictionary.
- At or to the starboard or right-hand side of a ship when looking forward.
- Specifically, said of the tiller when it is shoved or drawn over to the starboard side of the vessel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adverb (Naut.) Over to the starboard side; -- said of the tiller.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adverb nautical Over to the
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
a- + starboard
We surge round hard aport then astarboard, following the channel, through overfalls and eddies like the Dorris More or Corrie