from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In anat., the point where the lambdoid, parietomastoid, and occipitomastoid sutures of the skull meet.
- noun [capitalized] The northern of the two ‘hunting-dogs’ in the constellation Canes Venatici. The other is Chara.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Anat.) The point on the side of the skull where the lambdoid, parieto-mastoid and occipito-mastoid sutures.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun anatomy The point on the side of the
skullcorresponding to the posteriorend of the parietomastoid suture.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the craniometric point at the junction of the lamboid suture and the occipitomastoid suture and the parietomastoid suture
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
The point of meeting of this angle with the occipital and the mastoid part of the temporal is named the asterion.
The point of meeting of the parietomastoid, occipitomastoid, and lambdoidal sutures is known as the asterion.