from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The central portion of a cell aster exclusive of the rays.
- n. The entire cell aster with the exception of the centrosome.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cavity filled with hot gas blown into the interstellar medium by stellar winds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In cytology: In the karyokinetic figure, the central portion of the aster, inclusive of the region in which the centrosome lies, but exclusive of the astral rays; the attraction-sphere of Van Beneden. Fol, 1891; Strasburger, 1892. See cut at aster, 7.
- n. The whole aster, exclusive of the centrosome; the astral sphere of Mark.
astro- + sphere (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.