from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An instrument that measures the rate of water evaporation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An instrument that measures the rate of evaporation of a liquid
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An instrument for measuring the rate of evaporation from a moist surface; an evaporometer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An instrument, invented by Sir John Leslie, for measuring the amount of evaporation from a humid surface in a given time; an evaporometer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an instrument that measures rate of evaporation of water
Greek atmos, vapor; see atmosphere + -meter.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.