from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An instrument that measures the rate of water evaporation.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun An instrument, invented by Sir John Leslie, for measuring the amount of evaporation from a humid surface in a given time; an evaporometer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun An instrument for measuring the rate of evaporation from a moist surface; an evaporometer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun An instrument that measures the
rateof evaporationof a liquid
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an instrument that measures rate of evaporation of water
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Greek atmos, vapor; see atmosphere + –meter.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.