from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Pressure caused by the weight of the atmosphere. At sea level it has a mean value of one atmosphere but reduces with increasing altitude.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The pressure caused by the weight of the atmosphere above an area.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. the pressure exerted by the atmosphere, not merely downwards, but in every direction. In amounts to about 14.7 Ibs. on each square inch.
- n. See under Atmospheric, Center, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the pressure exerted by the atmosphere
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.