from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The physical theory of the structure, properties, and behavior of the atom.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The theory that all gross matter is composed of atoms.
- n. Any of several theories that explain the structure of the atom, and of subatomic particles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. teaches that chemical combinations take place between the supposed ultimate particles or atoms of bodies, in some simple ratio, as of one to one, two to three, or some other, always expressible in whole numbers.
- n. etc. See under Atomic, Binary, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (chemistry) any theory in which all matter is composed of tiny discrete finite indivisible indestructible particles
- n. a theory of the structure of the atom
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.