from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Covered with bread crumbs and sometimes butter and grated cheese, and then browned in an oven: potatoes au gratin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Covered with a crust of breadcrumbs (and often cheese) then browned under a grill.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- With a crust made by browning in the oven, especially by sprinkling with bread crumbs or grated cheese and browning in a broiler.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- With a breaded or browned crust.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. cooked while covered with browned breadcrumbs (and sometimes cheese)
French : au, with the + gratin, scraping from the pan.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French au gratin (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.