from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Shaped like an ear.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Ear-shaped; having the form of the external human ear: as, an auriform shell.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Having the form of the human ear; ear-shaped.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Having the form of the
human ear; ear- shaped. An example is the gastropod mollusc abalone, which is also known as the 'ear shell'.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective having a shape resembling an ear
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Latin auris, ear; see ous- in Indo-European roots + –form.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Latin auris ("ear") + -form
Sorry, no example sentences found.