from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Spending all stages of the life cycle on the same host. Used of parasites.
from The Century Dictionary.
- In bryology, having both male and female inflorescence on the same plant; monœcious. Three modifications are cladautœcious, goniautœcious, and rhizautœcious. Also written
- In mycology, passing through all its stages of development on the same host, as certain species of the genus Puccinia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Biol.) Passing through all its stages on one host, as certain parasitic fungi; -- contrasted with
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Pertaining to a
fungus, most often a rust, completing its life cycleon one host.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective of parasites especially rust fungi; completing the entire life cycle on a single host
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
From auto- + Greek oikos, house; see weik-1 in Indo-European roots.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
auto- + -oecious
Sorry, no example sentences found.