from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Surgical repair or reconstruction of a body part using tissue taken from another part of the body.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In surgery, an operation by which lesions accompanied with loss of substance are repaired by means of healthy portions of tissue taken from another part of the patient, and made to supply the deficiency.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Surg.) The process of artificially repairing lesions by taking a piece of healthy tissue, as from a neighboring part, to supply the deficiency caused by disease or wounds.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The process of
artificially repairing lesionsby taking a piece of healthy tissue, as from a neighboring part, to supply the deficiencycaused by diseaseor wounds.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun surgical repair by using tissue from another part of the patient's own body
- noun tissue that is taken from one site and grafted to another site on the same person
Sorry, no etymologies found.
n. - grafting tissue from patient's own body. autoplastic, a.; Biology, pertaining to self-adaptation to environment; pertaining to autoplasty.