from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A sort of opaque golden-brown glass filled with specks or drops of a bright gold-color and of different sizes, used, under the name of goldstone, for various ornaments.
- noun A variety of feldspar, usually oligoclase, spangled with scales of hematite, göthite, or mica. It is often called
sunstone. The most highly prized variety is obtained in Russia.
- noun A similar variety of quartz containing spangles of mica or other mineral.
- noun A kind of sealing-wax, of a translucent brown color and abounding in gold specks or particles.
- Having the appearance of aventurin: as, aventurin lacquer, etc.
- Also written avanturin, avanturine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Alternative form of
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.