from The Century Dictionary.
- Pertaining to Bœotia, a division of central Greece, noted for its thick atmosphere, which was supposed to communicate its dullness to the intellect of the inhabitants.
- Hence Dull; stupid; ignorant; obtuse.
- noun A native or an inhabitant of Bœotia.
- noun Hence A dull, ignorant, stupid person.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Of or pertaining to Bœotia; hence, stupid; dull; obtuse.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.