from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

  • noun A key that, when pressed, moves an onscreen cursor one space to the left and typically deletes the character in that space.
  • noun A similar key on a typewriter that, when pressed, moves the carriage to the position of the previous space on the page.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun the typewriter key used for back spacing


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.