from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To tumble; dance clumsily.
- v. To become tangled or matted.
- v. To tread down in a clumsy manner.
- v. To tangle; clot; mat (as in the hair).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To stick together.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To tumble; dance clumsily.
- To become tangled or matted.
- To tread down in a clumsy manner.
- To tangle; clot; mat, as the hair.
From Middle English balteren, of North Germanic origin, related to Danish baltre, boltre ("to roll, tumble, gambol, romp"). (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.